COVID-19 coronavirus statement
Good News! Starting this Thursday, May 7 Michigan will begin to relax the restrictions placed on the real estate industry for the past few weeks. While things won't immediately go back to the way they were, we are looking forward to being able to better serve you whether you're buying or selling a home. See the executive order below for the details, and schedule your success-planning consultation today!
"Effective at 12:01 am on May 7, 2020, workers in the real estate industry, including agents, appraisers, brokers, inspectors, surveyors, and registers of deeds, provided that:
- Any showings, inspections, appraisals, photography or videography, or final walkthroughs must be performed by appointment and must be limited to no more than four people on the premises at any one time. No in-person open houses are permitted.
- Private showings may only be arranged for owner-occupied homes, vacant homes, vacant land, commercial property, and industrial property."
GRAR Real Estate Re-Engagement Guidelines
The Grand Rapids Association of Realtors® has released its guidelines of best practices for buyers and sellers during Michigan's economic "re-opening" and both buyers and sellers have a role. Please help us keep everyone safe by following these guidelines and being respectful of sellers requirements.
- Leave all lights on to prevent the need for others to touch switches.
- Leave all drapes and blinds open to prevent the desire for others to open them.
- Leave as many doors open as possible, such as closet doors, pantry doors, bedroom doors, basement doors, etc. to prevent the need for others to touch doorknobs.
- Weather permitting, crack open some windows and turn on fans, if any, to keep home ventilated.
- Provide a box or trash receptacle in the garage or outside of the home for the sole use of agents and buyers to dispose of shoe covers and gloves.
- Clean and disinfect all frequently touched surfaces prior to and after the showing(s).
- Do not request that your agent hold an open house for your property since the Executive Order currently prohibits that activity.
- Meet your agent at the home rather than riding together to showings. If you arrive prior to your agent, please wait in your car for the agent’s arrival.
- Limit attendance at showings to those who need to view the home. Children should not attend, nor should those who may have symptoms of illness or those with conditions that might make them especially vulnerable to illness.
- Your agent will instruct you as to the PPE the seller has required for viewing the property. You must abide by the seller’s instructions.
- Refrain from touching any surface in a home and do not sit on any furniture. Do not share phones, pens, tablets, or other devices. Do not exchange paper documents. Request it be sent electronically.
- Maintain at least a six-foot social distance at all times.
- Properly dispose of shoe covers and/or gloves in the receptacle provided at seller’s property. Mask can continue to be used if continuing to view more homes.
- After a showing, rather than discussing the home while outside the property, wait to discuss the home via electronic method or phone.
Neighborhoods of Grand Rapids
Copyright 2020 MichRIC, LLC. All rights reserved. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed
Listing information last updated on July 16th, 2020 at 8:30am EDT.