Runners, rejoice! You’ve got plenty of options when it comes to fun and funky 5K runs in Grand Rapids this summer!
1. 5K Chocolate Party – May 24, 9:00 AM @ Millenium Park: What greater motivation to get up off the couch and set yourself sprinting through a 5K course than for the promise of chocolate?! The 5K Chocolate Party will feature a chocolate goody bag for all participants plus optional samples of everybody’s favorite sweet treat along the course. Still not enough for your sweet tooth? Enjoy a chocolate party after the race! Proceeds will benefit a local non-profit.
2. Totally Rad 80s Run 5K – June 14, 6:30 PM @ 4500 West River Dr in Comstock Park: Like, wow! The Totally Rad 80s Run 5K lets you travel back in time to the decade when fuzzy legwarmers, neon headbands and side ponytails were the height of fashion. Run in your best 80s get-out, then enjoy a post-race party with costume contest, photo opps and more! Jane Fonda style track suit, anyone??
2. 5K Foam Fest – July 26 @ Woodworth Farms: What do you get when you combine foam, mud and a wacky obstacle course? The latest running craze to hit the runners’ circles! The 5K Foam Fest takes runners through a foam-filled obstacle course and mud run consisting of inflatables, nets, mud pits, moonwalks, slip-n-slides and even a carwash! Proceeds will benefit A Child’s Hope, a foundation providing healthy, caring environments for abandoned and orphaned children in developing countries.
3. Glow-in-the-Dark Park Run – July 26, 9:15 – 11:00 PM @ Millenium Park: Let your inner spark shine through at the Glow-in-the-Dark Park Run that invites runners to bedeck themselves with everything glow-in-the-dark, from facepaint down to shoelaces. The fun starts with a goody bag stuffed with glow products followed by a course consisting of showers of UV glow water and neon powder! Finally, a glow-riffic dance party will take place at the finish line. Proceeds will benefit a local non-profit.
5. Eat Dirt Mud Run – August 23, 8:30 – 11:00 AM @ Kentwood Community Church: Mud pits, tunnels, a mudslide and more await runners who aren’t afraid to get down and dirty at the Eat Dirt Mud Run 5K! Staggered start times begin at 8:30 AM and continue every half hour until 11:00 AM. There will even be a Kids Mini Mud Run tailored for youngsters ages 6 – 12. Proceeds benefit Never The Same, a local faith-based non-profit that promotes leadership in young people all over the country.
For more information about events taking place in Grand Rapids or anywhere in the West Michigan community, please contact SVG Real Estate Firm at (616) 439-1927.Posted by Admin Volkers on