If you’re a resident of Grand Rapids, you know you’ve got plenty of reasons to smile. Our city has been the subject of a lot of media buzz over the years after all – seems like every time we turn around, we’ve made it into another national Top Ten list of awesomeness.
There have been SO so many Grand Rapids recognitions as of late, in fact, that we found ourselves beginning to lose track of them all. So we decided to put together our very own ‘Top Ten’ list of Grand Rapids awesomeness, and we do hereby present to you the …
Top 10 Grand Rapids ‘TOP TEN’ National List Placements!
1. Grand Rapids #2 for ‘Top U.S. Cities’ (RelocateAmerica – 2011) – Study was based on local residential real estate markets and economies, safety/security, cultural and recreational outlets plus input from city leaders and residents.
2. Grand Rapids #1 for ‘Best Cities for Raising a Family’ (Forbes – 2012) – Study was based on quality of schools, low cost of living, short commute times, stable housing market and low crime rate.
3. Grand Rapids Top 10 for ‘Most Exciting Mid-sized Cities’ (Movoto real estate blog – 2014) – Study included nightlife, live music venues, active outdoor options, non-fast food restaurant options.
4. Grand Rapids Top 15 for ‘U.S. Cities with Emerging Downtowns’ (Forbes – 2015) – Study was based on economic development strides and redevelopment/revitalization projects.
5. Grand Rapids #7 for ‘Happiest Cities to Work In’ (Forbes – 2013) – Study factored employee relationships with bosses and co-workers, compensation, growth opportunities and company culture based on responses given in 36,000 independent employee reviews.
6. Grand Rapids #1 for ‘Number of LEED Certified Buildings Per Capita’ (American Institute of Architects/AIA – 2009)
7. Grand Rapids #9 for ‘Most Affordable Healthcare’ (Livability.com – 2014) – Study was based on low health care spending, accessibility to doctors and hospitals, and quality of life.
8. Grand Rapids Top 10 for ‘Best Places to Retire’ (AARP – 2013) – Study pinpointed communities where retirees could live “comfortably” on $30,000/year.
9. Grand Rapids #4 for ‘Best Cities to Find a Job’ (Forbes – 2013) – Study considered diversity of industries, cost of living and education level of city residents.
10. Grand Rapids Top 10 for ‘U.S. Destinations to Visit in 2014’ (Huffington Post – 2014) – Study factored Grand Rapids’ thriving art scene, numerous citywide festivals and craft breweries.
11. Grand Rapids in the #2 spot (tied with Syracuse, NY) for ‘Top 10 Snowiest Cities’ in 2014’ (goldensnowglobe.com) – Study factored in Grand Rapids’ copious amounts of, you guessed it, that white cold stuff that is STILL sitting in great piles at the end of your driveway as we head into April …Posted by Admin Volkers on